0

Kate Middleton & Family To Miss Out On Easter Sunday Church Service

Share

Kate Middleton, Prince William, and their three children will not be attending this year’s Easter Sunday church service at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle, much to the disappointment of many royal fans.

Kate recently disclosed that she is undergoing cancer treatment and asked for privacy as she continues to recover. Her announcement comes after months of speculation, as many world leaders, including Jill Biden, Rishi Sunak, and Emmanuel Macron, led the charge to wish her well on her recuperation.

Article continues below advertisement

Kate Middleton And Her Family Won’t Attend Easter Sunday Church

MEGA

According to People magazine, the Princess of Wales, her husband, and their children will miss this year’s Easter Sunday service with the royal family at St. George’s Chapel in Windsor Castle.

Kate and William have been regular attendees of the service over the years but will not attend this year because the 42-year-old is undergoing cancer treatment.

Many royal fans had speculated that the holiday church outing was one she wouldn’t miss and had hoped to see her there as the event is considered a private family event rather than a royal duty.

It was just last year that the couple brought their three children — Prince George, 10, Princess Charlotte, 8, and Prince Louis, 5 — to the service for the first time.

Article continues below advertisement

Kate Middleton Announced That She Has Cancer

following the death of Queen Elizabeth II
MEGA

It comes after Kate broke her silence on her health status following weeks of bizarre conspiracy theories online. She announced on Friday that she had been diagnosed with cancer and is undergoing “a course of preventative chemotherapy.”

In the video announcement, she began, “I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you, personally, for all the wonderful messages of support and for your understanding whilst I have been recovering from surgery.”

“It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family, but I’ve had a fantastic medical team who have taken great care of me, for which I am so grateful,” Kate continued.

Article continues below advertisement

She added, “In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London, and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team, therefore, advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy, and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.”

She went further to mention that the news “came as a huge shock” and that she and her husband have been “doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family.”

Article continues below advertisement

World Figures Send The Princess Their Warm Wishes

Catherine Princess of Wales undergoes surgery, London, UK
MEGA

Several world leaders have shared their goodwill message to the future queen following her cancer news.

London Mayor Sadiq Khan took to X to wish Kate “a swift recovery” as she undergoes chemotherapy for a cancer diagnosis.

“Cancer has an impact on so many of us — & her bravery in sharing her diagnosis will help raise awareness & encourage others to get checked,” Khan noted.

U.K. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak also said on the popular social media platform that Kate “has the love and support of the whole country as she continues her recovery.”

“She has shown tremendous bravery with her statement today,” Sunak penned. “In recent weeks, she has been subjected to intense scrutiny and has been unfairly treated by certain sections of the media around the world and on social media.”

Article continues below advertisement

Sunak added that the princess deserves “the privacy to focus on her treatment and be with her loving family.”

Prince Harry and Meghan Markle also said in a statement that they “wish health and healing for Kate and the family, and hope they are able to do so privately and in peace.”

King Charles Is ‘Proud’ Of Kate Middleton

FLOTUS Jill Biden Shows Support For Kate Middleton Amid Her Cancer Battle
MEGA

Kate’s father-in-law, King Charles III, has also released a statement through a Buckingham Palace spokesperson on her cancer diagnosis.

The statement read that Charles has “remained in the closest contact with his beloved daughter-in-law throughout the past weeks.”

The spokesperson said that Charles is extremely “proud of Catherine for her courage in speaking as she did” about the cancer diagnosis.

It added that the King and Queen Camilla continue to offer Kate and the whole their “love and support” through the difficult time of her treatment and recovery.

Article continues below advertisement

The Princess Is Focused On Recovering

Kate Middleton Once Donated Her Hair To Child Cancer Patients To Make Wigs
MEGA

Although the Duchess of Cambridge did not reveal the type of cancer discovered or the stage at which it was, she did share her determination to recover completely.

Kate said in her video announcement that Prince William and their three kids have been a “source of comfort” to her as she receives treatment.

She also addressed the public and thanked them for “the love, support, and kindness” that she’s received amidst her health issues. Then she said, “We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space, and privacy while I complete my treatment.”

Kate further said in the statement that she’s anticipating returning to her royal duties when she’s treated herself fully. She said, “My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy, and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now, I must focus on making a full recovery.”

#Kate #Middleton #Family #Easter #Sunday #Church #Service