0

Why Kate Middleton’s Cancer Announcement Video Has Editor’s Note

Share

The Princess of Wales, Kate Middleton‘s video announcing her cancer diagnosis was flagged by a photo editor for an interesting reason.

On March 22, Kate made the shocking revelation that she had been undergoing preventive chemotherapy after coming under scrutiny for her absence from the public eye.

Article continues below advertisement

Kate Middleton’s Cancer Announcement Video Was Flagged For This Reason

MEGA

Kate’s video, in which she revealed her cancer diagnosis, was flagged by Getty Images. According to E! News, the photo agency claimed in a message: “This Handout clip was provided by a third-party organization and may not adhere to Getty Images’ editorial policy.”

Their editor’s note raised eyebrows, especially after the uproar caused by her Mother’s Day Photoshop fail.

Now, the photo agency has shared its reason for flagging the video. The company told the news outlet that it “includes a standard editors note to handout content provided by third-party organizations.”

Article continues below advertisement

Kensington Palace Shared The Video Of The Princess Sharing Her Cancer Diagnosis

Catherine Princess of Wales undergoes surgery, London, UK
MEGA

On March 22, Kate shocked the world when she revealed that she had been diagnosed with an undisclosed type of cancer after she underwent a successful abdominal surgery.

Prior to her disclosure, the princess had been plagued by wild conspiracy theories as royal fans speculated about her whereabouts and the actual status of her health.

“I wanted to take this opportunity to say thank you, personally, for all the wonderful messages of support and for your understanding whilst I have been recovering from surgery,” Kate began in the clip recorded from her home in Windsor.

Article continues below advertisement

Article continues below advertisement

“It has been an incredibly tough couple of months for our entire family, but I’ve had a fantastic medical team who have taken great care of me, for which I am so grateful,” she added.

The princess continued, “In January, I underwent major abdominal surgery in London, and at the time, it was thought that my condition was non-cancerous. The surgery was successful. However, tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team, therefore, advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy, and I am now in the early stages of that treatment.”

Article continues below advertisement

Kate Middleton Said The News Came As A Shock To Her And Prince William

Kate Middleton Once Donated Her Hair To Child Cancer Patients To Make Wigs
MEGA

In the video, she further noted that the cancer news was a shock to her and her husband, especially considering the fact that she had previously been cleared of any signs of cancer. She also noted how hard it was explaining the situation to their young kids, Prince George, Princess Charlotte, and Prince Louis.

“This, of course, came as a huge shock, and William and I have been doing everything we can to process and manage this privately for the sake of our young family,” Kate admitted.

She continued, “As you can imagine, this has taken time. It has taken me time to recover from major surgery in order to start my treatment. But, most importantly, it has taken us time to explain everything to George, Charlotte, and Louis in a way that is appropriate for them and to reassure them that I am going to be ok.”

“As I have said to them, I am well and getting stronger every day by focusing on the things that will help me heal; in my mind, body and spirit,” the princess added.

Article continues below advertisement

Prince William Was A Source of Comfort For The Princess of Wales

Prince Harry Says William And Kate Middleton Chose The Nazi Uniform He Wore In 2005 As They Found It Funny
MEGA

In the video, Kate expressed gratitude for her supportive husband, William, who she said has been by her side throughout her recovery from abdominal surgery.

“Having William by my side is a great source of comfort and reassurance too. As is the love, support, and kindness that has been shown by so many of you. It means so much to us both,” Kate said.

She then stated, “We hope that you will understand that, as a family, we now need some time, space, and privacy while I complete my treatment. My work has always brought me a deep sense of joy, and I look forward to being back when I am able, but for now, I must focus on making a full recovery.”

Concluding, Kaid added, “At this time, I am also thinking of all those whose lives have been affected by cancer. For everyone facing this disease, in whatever form, please do not lose faith or hope. You are not alone.”

Article continues below advertisement

The Waleses Missed The Easter Sunday Service With The Royal Family

Prince William and Kate Middleton with their children Prince George, Princess Charlotte and Prince Louis Start at Lambrook School
MEGA

On Easter Sunday, both William and Kate were notably absent from the traditional Easter Sunday Service attended by royal family members.

The couple’s absence was due to Kate taking a step back from her royal duties amid her preventive chemotherapy treatment.

However, unlike Kate, King Charles, who is also battling cancer, and his wife, Queen Camilla, were present at the chapel alongside other royals. The monarch was advised to sit apart from the other family members for medical reasons.

After the service, Charles had a surprise walkabout. During the walkabout, he greeted a small crowd outside the chapel and assured them that he was “doing his best.”

#Kate #Middletons #Cancer #Announcement #Video #Editors #Note