0

Jonathan Majors Loses Bid To Get Assault Conviction Overturned

Share

Former Marvel Star Jonathan Majors will be sentenced next week on Monday after being found guilty of harassment and assault of his former girlfriend, Grace Jabbari.

The actor’s defense team made one last attempt to get the jury verdict overturned, but a New York Judge denied the motion. Now, Majors faces potential jail time, as he could be sentenced to one year in prison.

Article continues below advertisement

Jonathan Majors’ Motion To Set Aside Assault & Harassment Conviction Denied

MEGA

New York Judge Michael Gaffey has reportedly rejected Majors’ motion to overturn his guilty conviction, which was delivered by a jury last December.

According to Deadline, the “Creed III” actor now faces up to one year in prison if sentenced on April 8, next week. This last effort from the Hollywood star comes after his Jabbari slammed him with another lawsuit.

Jabbari is suing Majors for battery, assault, and malicious prosecution, among others. The professional model claims that her ex subjected her to a “pattern of pervasive domestic abuse that began in 2021 and extended through 2023.”

Majors’ lawyers said that they would file a counterclaim. However, that has yet to happen.

Article continues below advertisement

Grace Jabbari Claims The Actor Went On A Media Smear Campaign After Being Found Guilt

Jonathan Majors Arrives To Criminal Court in NYC on December 4, 2023
MEGA

Jabbari’s defamation claim stems from the interviews Majors partook in after he was found guilty in the assault case.

Her lawsuit states: “Following his arrest, Majors immediately implemented an extensive media campaign smearing Grace, claiming that he was ‘completely innocent,’ ‘is probably the victim,’ that he ‘did not assault her whatsoever,’ and that ‘this woman was having an emotional crisis, for which she was taken to a hospital.'”

Majors broke his silence on the guilty verdict during an interview on ABC’s “Good Morning America,” where he stated that he was surprised by the jury’s decision.

He said, “I shouldn’t have been in the car. I shouldn’t have stepped out of the relationship. I shouldn’t have been in the relationship. If I’m not in the car, none of this is happening.”

Article continues below advertisement

Majors added, “I was absolutely shocked and afraid. How is that possible? Based off the evidence, based off the prosecution’s evidence, let alone our evidence.”

Article continues below advertisement

Jonathan Majors Says He Was Not Surprised By Grace Jabbari’s Lawsuit

Jonathan Majors At 5th American Black Film Festival Honors: A Celebration Of Excellence In Hollywood
MEGA

In an interview with TMZ, the “Loki” actor shared his thoughts about Jabbari’s lawsuit, saying that he was “not surprised” that she made the move to sue him for defamation.

“I knew it was coming from the beginning, really,” Majors told the publication while leaving a workout facility in Los Angeles with fitness expert Jason Best.

When questioned further for additional information, Majors told the news outlet that he “can’t say much else about it,” adding that the “law” restricts him from going into detail.

Jabbari and Majors reportedly first met on the set of a Marvel movie and began dating for two years. However, the duo’s relationship hit the rocks in March 2023 following an incident of domestic violence that happened in the backseat of a Cadillac Escalade.

Article continues below advertisement

The Assault Conviction Has Greatly Affected Jonathan Majors’ Acting Career

Jonathan Majors Refutes Assault Allegations, Lawyer Claims There Is Substantial Evidence To Prove Innocence
MEGA

The effects of the assault trial on Majors’ career were evident before he was found guilty, as the actor had already lost huge deals and got dropped from major projects.

He was removed from a film adaptation of Walter Mosley’s 2004 novel, “The Man in My Basement,” a project he was reportedly set to executive produce.

Negotiations for the actor’s role in a biopic about the late musician Otis Redding fell through., It was also reported at the time that Majors would no longer be featured in an advertising campaign for the Texas Rangers MLB team.

However, following the guilty verdict, Marvel Studios dropped Majors. The actor’s character, Kang The Conqueror, was touted as the next big villain in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Unfortunately, those plans have now been scrapped by the movie giants.

His Girlfriend Meagan Good Speaks About Coping With The Actor’s Legal Battles

Jonathan Majors' GF Meagan Good Reveals How She Has Coped With His Legal Crisis
MEGA

Majors and his girlfriend, Meagan Good, made an appearance at the NAACP Image Awards, which was the actor’s second red carpet appearance since he was found guilty of assault and harassment.

For Good, going through all that with her MaJors took an emotional toll on her, but being authentic helped her pull through.

“I stay true to myself, and I stay authentic,” Good told People Magazine. “I know what I know that I know. And in time, everything else just catches up with what you know if you’re true to yourself and you’re authentic.”

She continued, “There’s some things you just gotta be like, ‘I ain’t got time for that. Let me go see what my nephew’s doing. Let me see what my mama’s doing. Let me go see what my man’s doing. Let me go get this job.'”

#Jonathan #Majors #Loses #Bid #Assault #Conviction #Overturned